Sep 30, 2009

Sugar Cookie Goodness

With coffee, with tea, with milk, with cocoa, or just because...I love sugar cookies! They are such an elegant and old fashioned cookie. Nothing fancy about them as far as ingredients or looks goes but take one bite and the melt in your mouth goodness will have you grabbing for a second...and a third...and quite possibly a fourth.

Now enough drooling over mine...go make some for yourself!


Per my favorite cookbook 'The Complete Book of Baking' by Pillsbury

No-Roll Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
4½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt

In large bowl, cream both sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add oil, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt until well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.* Heat oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until set, but not brown.
Makes 7 to 8 dozen cookies.
*Or if you're impatient like me stick your first batch in the oven and then refrigerate the rest of the dough while you're enjoying the first dozen! ;0)

5 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm always on the look-out for another cookie recipe (somehow cookies keep disappearing from my kitchen!). Thanks for sharing. I'm giving away an apron on my blog-site -- head on over and enter. Maybe you'll be making cookies wearing a new apron. Thanks for inspiring. -- Jodi

Unknown said...

i love sugar cookies, i have to get a few things to make these!

Maggie said...

Sounds oh so easy and delicious! I'm going to make these!

Joyce said...

I wish I had a cookie right now as they look so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Joyce

Tina❀ said...

Can I just say "YUM"!!! If I didn't have pizzelle dough chilling in the fridge right now, I'd make these.