Apr 25, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Have you missed me? Ok so maybe it's not been that long but it has been over a week since my last post. Since starting my blog last year I do believe this is the longest I've gone without at least writing a little something.

It's not that I've been intentionally neglecting my blog but the way it is with life busyness can seem to eb and flow. Sometimes I've got all the time in the world and then sometimes I barely have a moment to breath.

Just this past week I've been cleaning out the garage in order to make room for the things I've been purchasing in preperation for the Funky Junk Sisters show this June. I've picked up a lot of fun things this past few weeks that I will give you a peek of later.

With all the items I needed to clean out I considered a garage sale but decided I might not have enough to make it worth my time. I decided to post a few things on Craigslist to see if that might work and it turned out pretty good!


The first items that went were some cool old windows and a farm style rocking chair...



then an old leather travelers bag...


next was a french provincial etagere and a primitive potting bench...



and last but not least my huge antique armoire.
Some of you may remember my previous post about this piece and the story of how I accquired it. I actually had great plans for this piece but knew how valuable the space was that it was taking up so I had to let it go. I think I actually breathed a sigh of relief when it left and am now loving all the extra room I have for new finds. On to better (but hopefully not bigger) things!
Before I get too eager in my purchases though I have a number of things to purge...slowly but surely!


5 comments:

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hey Katy! I'm so sorry I missed you down at the shop last week. That white rocker was sure cute, sorry i missed that. I havent had time to check out craigslist for quite awhile now. Can't wait to see you at the funky junk sisters.
Have a sunny day
Amy:)

calico k said...

Katy,
Thanks for the wonderful input on my blog...I'm never sure about these things?!?!
I wish I could be joining you at the Funky Junk Sisters Show; it sounds like a total blast....I have to say you NW women are so ever livin' talented it makes me sick ;0) Maybe I can convince studly cowboy to move on up and see if some of it rubs off!!

~Farm Blessings~
Kristin

Sarah Mae said...

Love that travelers bag - very cool!

Tina said...

The table is neat!

Unknown said...

Katy - for your inspiring creations and blogging - you've received an award - check out my blog!

Have a great day!

Melissa